Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

My First Post

I decided to start this blog to journal my adventure to a new me. After 19 years of marriage and 5 precious children, I have not only let myself go, I have lost who I am in general. Don't get me wrong I love my husband and my children, I have achieved my ultimate goal in life; becoming a wife and mother. The problem is that in all these years I have put ME aside. I don't mean I need "me time" - I need to find myself.

I was thinking ahead to when my kids leave home, what will there be? Obviously I will have my husband, but who am I, what do I want to do? I want hobbies and interests...none of which I have now. At one point I had hobbies, but I put them aside. I also want to be fit, not wait until all the children leave the nest. I want, and need, to be healthy now! Also, how do I want my children to remember me? I want them to remember that I spent lots of quality time with them, loved them dearly, put God and my family first, but I also want them to remember an active healthy mom. A mom that is a little more interesting than I am at this stage in my life. I have spent so long caring for everyone else, and continue to do that but I need to get myself healthy and take care of me for once.

This blog is supposed to journey my path to a healthier life. My ultimate goal and what comes to mind is "taking back me", there is a lot of meaning in those 3 little words. Eventually we will discuss them in more detail. For now, I hope to write about my efforts at exercise, post recipes and meal plans, feel free to follow me along this journey.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment