Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 14, 2010


I have either been having a banana and coffee for breakfast, or oatmeal and coffee.  I am SO not a breakfast eater, and I know I should be.  So I am doing my best and at least forcing myself to eat something along with my coffee.  Today it was a banana.  For lunch today I ate a tomato sandwich on whole what bread with pepper jack cheese, and another banana.  Then I snacked on some cherries...
....and dinner.... sweet potato, mushrooms and onions cooked in a small amount of olive oil and a salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, garbonzo beans, and feta.
Yogurt is not one of my favorite foods, unless made into tzatziki sauce and served with falafels (delicious!).  I know it is good for me, plus I need the calcium and protein - so on my quest for a healthier me...I'm eating it!  These tiny 4 oz servings of Greek yogurt have 10 grams of protein!  I am excited about that, what a great amount of protein in such a small container.  It actually tasted pretty good after the first few bites.  Like I said, I'm not a fan of yogurt....so I had to get past that "flavor".  It wasn't too bad, I actually kind of liked it by the last bite.  I'm happy to report it did not upset my stomach the way Activia does.

I need to decide what day will be my weigh in day, I only do it once a week...otherwise it becomes an obsession....and the scale does NOT define who I am!  So, we'll see...maybe Monday or Tuesday.
Photobucket



2 comments:

  1. mmmm, I love cherries. That looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should do it Thursday!! And link up with me! Your food looks healthy!!

    PS I'm listening to Kenny Chesney right now! lol

    ReplyDelete