Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Exercise for Monday 7/5

Well today I went on a bike ride, something new for me. I haven't ridden a bike in years. This was my 3rd attempt at riding the bike, the first 2 attempts were very short. I think I made it about 1/4 mile the first day. I was so proud of my distance today, I made it all the way to the park near my home.

The first mile was tough, it was pretty much all uphill. Of course the hills felt like mountains to me, funny how in my car I never thought of the road as hilly. The second mile was all downhill, so it was easy and the wind felt fabulous!

That was it for today, of course my new activity has given me a boost of confidence and I'm considering running the Peachtree Road Race next year. Hmmmm....I think I better slow down...that first mile on the bike today almost killed me. However, I do have a year to prepare plus it might be nice to have a goal like that to work towards. Could there be a 10k in my future?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment