Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 7, 2010

I love visiting blogs that show pictures of what the blogger ate that day, and that's what I envision doing here.  I'm not sure I'll blog every single meal every single day, but I hope to keep up with it a few times each week.

I know breakfast today wasn't the best, but at least I ate something.  I only had a banana, and coffee.  I adore coffee, and am not ready to give up my flavored cream.  I do not add any additional sugar to it though, and that's an improvement. 



I had class and wasn't able to eat anything until I returned home.  I made a yummy salad with a pickle and deviled egg on the side.  I did put mayo in the egg, but it was such a small amount...maybe 1/4 tsp.
I added this yummy Paula Deen salad dressing, 60 calories and 3.5 grams of fat. 


Not in the picture with the salad is the tablespoon of hummus I added to the top.



I'm not sure what's for dinner, but I did stop at the grocery store today for a little shopping.


After lunch snack was NOT impressive.  I decided to try a multigrain w/ flax FlatOut, I topped it with garlic feta and broiled.  I was going to have this along side my salad at lunch but saved it for a snack instead.  It was pretty boring, but had a lot to do with how I prepared it.  I can imagine it as a wrap with avocado, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, a Laughing Cow wedge of cheese...and who knows what else.  Today was the first time I had a FlatOut so I really didn't know what to do with it, I may even make a pizza out of one in the future.  They are just 100 calories, and the light version has even less.



My walk for the day....


Dinner was yummy, I had Quinoa with steamed spring vegetables, and mushrooms & onions that I sauteed in olive oil.  It probably looks like I'm missing the meat to most people, since I'm a vegetarian you won't be seeing that.  The quinoa has protein but I guess I could've added a veggie burger or beans.  I was satisfied with the meal, it was filling.  It can be difficult getting all the nutrition you need in a day.  Plus, I wasn't well prepared to blog about this today.  I didn't plan to do it until next week, but needed the motivation.


Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. You're doing great! The salad looks so pretty and delicious!
    Way to go on the c25k!!!! I have a feeling you'll love it when you get into the program, though I haven't used it many have.
    Beware: you could very well become addicted to running!

    ReplyDelete