Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Couch to 5k: Week 1, Day 1

I am thinking of running a 5k in October.  I have never ran a race before, and I am not a runner.  I am in need of losing 85 pounds, and although I can walk 2 or so miles I'm not so sure about running 3.1 but hey...why not?!  I think its a great goal to set, and might just give me the motivation I need.  So, today I am starting the Couch to 5k program in preparation for the big day.  This should take me 9 weeks to complete, and there are 14 1/2 weeks until the race.  Of course it might take me a little longer than 9 weeks, but its a great start.  Wish me luck, I'm off to complete day 1.

Post run update:
Day 1 went great.  I'm posting a pic below of my treadmill screen.  The walk/run was a 5 min. walk to start with then I alternated 60 seconds jogging with 90 seconds walking for the next 20 minutes.  The schedule stops at 25 minutes, but I decided to walk an additional 5 minutes to cool down.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment